DuPont SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of DuPont, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like DuPont to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. DuPont is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The article below lists the DuPont SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the DuPont SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For DuPont, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of DuPont looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of DuPont :
1. Du Pont performance coating is world’s premium supplier for automotive coatings and is known for its product quality and customer satisfaction.
2. DuPont has over 60,000 employees in the organization and is present in over 80 countries
3. Company is geographically diversified which helps company grow and reduce the impacts of slowdown in any particular country.
4. Company has broad business portfolio; besides automotive coatings they are also into construction, energy solutions, food, healthcare, manufacturing, plastics and textiles businesses.
5. Company spends heavily on R&D as it believes in continuous innovation to remain leaders and pioneers in automotive coating industry.
6. DuPont’s Knowledge Centers & Innovation Centers provide all the required infrastructure, facility and ambience for innovations as DuPont is a market-driven science company
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the DuPont SWOT Analysis:
1. Stagnant market share in the category due to stiff competition in a relatively stagnant economies.
2. It is only into automotive coatings industry unlike many other competitors who are into industrial as well as decorative segments industry.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in DuPont SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic mergers and acquisitions of relatively smaller firms in star & cash cow segment of BCG matrix.
2. Entering into emerging economies in Asia with aggressive marketing and pricing strategy to develop a strong foothold.
3. Introducing more Eco-friendly & energy efficient products and use that as USP.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of DuPont are as mentioned:
1. Economic meltdown like the one Europe is facing now
2. For a Company with heavy reliance on R&D protection of Intellectual Property Rights is very essential.
3. Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products, manufacturing facilities-outputs and wastes.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of DuPont:
2. PPG Industries
Hence this concludes the DuPont SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
The Miracles of science
One of the biggest three chemical companies in the world
Industries and organizations
Complete portfolio of refinish brands to the automotive refinish industry and original equipment manufacturers.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to DuPont. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us