Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of DuPont analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In DuPont SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like DuPont to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. DuPont is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the DuPont SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top DuPont competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the biggest three chemical companies in the world
Industries and organizations
Complete portfolio of refinish brands to the automotive refinish industry and original equipment manufacturers.
SWOT Analysis of DuPont
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of DuPont:
1. Du Pont performance coating is world’s premium supplier for automotive coatings and is known for its product quality and customer satisfaction. 2. DuPont has over 60,000 employees in the organization and is present in over 80 countries 3. Company is geographically diversified which helps company grow and reduce the impacts of slowdown in any particular country. 4. Company has broad business portfolio; besides automotive coatings they are also into construction, energy solutions, food, healthcare, manufacturing, plastics and textiles businesses.
5. Company spends heavily on R&D as it believes in continuous innovation to remain leaders and pioneers in automotive coating industry.
6. DuPont’s Knowledge Centers & Innovation Centers provide all the required infrastructure, facility and ambience for innovations as DuPont is a market-driven science company
Here are the weaknesses in the DuPont SWOT Analysis:
1. Stagnant market share in the category due to stiff competition in a relatively stagnant economies. 2. It is only into automotive coatings industry unlike many other competitors who are into industrial as well as decorative segments industry.
Following are the Opportunities in DuPont SWOT Analysis:
1. Strategic mergers and acquisitions of relatively smaller firms in star & cash cow segment of BCG matrix. 2. Entering into emerging economies in Asia with aggressive marketing and pricing strategy to develop a strong foothold. 3. Introducing more Eco-friendly & energy efficient products and use that as USP.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of DuPont are as mentioned:
1. Economic meltdown like the one Europe is facing now 2. For a Company with heavy reliance on R&D protection of Intellectual Property Rights is very essential. 3. Stringent Government rules and regulations regarding the quality of products, manufacturing facilities-outputs and wastes.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to DuPont. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute