Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Berger Paints analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Berger Paints SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Berger Paints to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Berger Paints is one of the leading brands in the industrial products and chemicals sector.
The table below lists the Berger Paints SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Berger Paints competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Innovation, Performance, Customer First, Ethical Practice and Valuing People.
Berger Paints STP
Middle Class and upper class segment
Home owners, Professionals and Industry Users
Fulfill your imagination of colors
SWOT Analysis of Berger Paints
Berger Paints Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Berger Paints:
1. With nearly one-fifth market share and is ranked one of the top 2 in India. 2. Manufactures and markets wide range of decorative and industrial paint products under various product brands and has a substantial market share 3. It has well established operations & supply chain network spanning throughout the country with 7 manufacturing facilities, 85 depots, several regional & area offices with 2500 employees and over 15000 dealers. 4. Green Horizon an initiative taken towards reducing waste and conserving natural resources; launching eco-friendly and energy efficient products
5. Berger Paints has excellent brand perception and brand awareness amongst its potential customers.
6. It provides with high quality products and has very high market space both in terms of visibility and sales.
7. The Company has international presence: it has 4 manufacturing facilities abroad; operations in Russia, Nepal, Europe and Bangladesh.
8. Berger Paints is a lone supplier of protective coatings to Nuclear Power Plants.
9. Its industrial and automotive coating is used by the best automobile companies like Mercedes.
Berger Paints Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Berger Paints SWOT Analysis:
1.Dependence on decorative segment where competition is intense 2. High levels of lead found leading to negative publicity 3. Limited liquidity options
Berger Paints Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Berger Paints SWOT Analysis:
1. New Product launches and innovation with changing trends 2. Strong growth Potential in India owing to urbanization 3. Business diversification
4. product diversification
Berger Paints Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Berger Paints are as mentioned:
1. New entrants in the industry and local companies. 2. Fluctuations in raw material prices 3. Stiff competition
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Berger Paints. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute