Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Shopclues analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Shopclues SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Shopclues to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Shopclues is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Shopclues SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Shopclues SWOT Analysis:
For Shopclues, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Shopclues looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Shopclues :
1. It has 7,500 plus national and international brands.
2.A large sellers base comprising of 75,000 plus sellers.
3. It lists 9,000,000 products across 4000 plus categories.
4. Products are shipped to 12,000 plus cities.
5. Great offering of EMI plans for price sensitive customers
6. Loyalty system in the form of Clues Bucks.
7. Numerous prestigious awards are won by it like Red Herring Asia Top 100, Best eRetailer Award etc.
8. MOU signed with India Post, wide distribution network of India Post can be leveraged.
9. Great marketing initiatives like the Make in India campaign, Diwali Flea Market, ShopClues Factory Outlet etc
10. Received multiple rounds of funding. Investors include Helion Venture Partners, Tiger Global etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Shopclues SWOT Analysis:
1. Relatively less brand visibility in metros in comparison to its strong competitors.
2. Limited market share growth due to intense competition
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Shopclues SWOT Analysis:
1. Expansion to other countries
2. Heavy promotion to capture the rising affluent and internet savvy population in tier 2 and 3 cities.
3. Expansion to other product categories like fresh produce.
4. Acquisition of ecommerce portal like yepme or zovi to strengthen their positioning.
5. Sale of private labels.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Shopclues are as mentioned:
1.Increased competition from ecommerce giants like amazon, flipkart etc
2. Heavy discounts offered by offline stores like BigBazaar etc.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Shopclues:
Ample choice to customers in its products varieties at wholesale rates.
Customers who prefer online medium of shopping
Middle income online shoppers generally from tier2 and 3 cities.
Great shopping experience for the masses.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shopclues. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute