Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sage Group analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sage Group SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sage Group to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sage Group is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The table below lists the Sage Group SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Sage Group competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
One of the largest supplier of ERP software in the world
Sage Group STP
Private and Public sector
Medium and Small scale industries
Easy-to-do business software
SWOT Analysis of Sage Group
Sage Group Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sage Group:
1. Sage shares were named “Best Performing Shares” in the ‘90s 2. Sage has 6+ million customers and 13,000 employees 3. Sage has sponsored “The Sage Gateshead”, a music venue, funded the revival of “The Krypton Factor” television series and official supplier for the Marussia F1 team 4. Sage indulges in CSR activities like partnering with TechSoup that provides free business software to NGOs, help entrepreneurs to realize their dream, The Life College Xchange where entrepreneurs get seed capital etc. 5. Organic growth and increasing profits show its credibility
6. Listed on London Stock exchange and FTSE 250 Index
7. Sponsorship of events like F1 have increased its brand reach
8. Sage products are available in 20+ countries
Sage Group Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Sage Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Inadequate brand awareness among customers and prospects 2. Intense competition means limited market share
Sage Group Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Sage Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Cloud computing and cloud based ERP software products 2. Global brand campaign targeting customers 3. Due to presence of a robust chemical industry, sage has immense opportunities
Sage Group Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sage Group are as mentioned:
1. Has to face many risks due to business change, change management, financial risks due to payment risk etc. 2. Loss of talent and sensitive information to competitors 3. Negative reputational impact which will affect client relations
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sage Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute