Xerox SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Xerox, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Xerox to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Xerox is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Xerox SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Xerox SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Xerox, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Xerox looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Xerox :
1. 109 years old company with global presence.
2. Diverse portfolio of services.
3. High expertise since Xerox has been in the market for a very long time
4. Huge clientele includes schools, small businesses, government agencies, commercial printers and Fortune 1000 companies.
5. Well recognized and renowned brand name.
6. Acquisitions of companies like NewField IT to increase the breadth of the services offered.
7. High investment in innovation and research and development by the company.
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Xerox SWOT Analysis:
1. Multimillion dollars are spent on the new advertising campaign for Xerox “work can work better”
2. Stock price of Xerox dropped by 25 percent in 2015.
3. Xerox products are not in sync with the rapidly advancing world of cloud and complex technology.
4. Falling revenues
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Xerox SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding into new areas of opportunity like digitally-printed packaging.
2. The company can develop expertise in human resource functions and providing cloud services since it is highly in demand currently.
3. It can focus on continued growth through acquisitions in the markets where its existence is low.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Xerox are as mentioned:
1.Intense competition in the document solutions business
2. New advanced technologies with digital solutions is phasing out the document printing or copier business of Xerox
3. Many divisions and products of the company like the division that makes and markets copiers, are now becoming obsolete.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Xerox:
Hence this concludes the Xerox SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Work can work better
World’s leading enterprise for business process and document management.
Xerox segments the market on the kind of service required by businesses.
It targets customers requiring document management services including back office transaction processing, centralized print services, etc. and business processes like communication and marketing, customer care and litigation services
Positions itself as providers of business services and digital printing solutions.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Xerox. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us