Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Tencent Holdings analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Tencent Holdings SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Tencent Holdings to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Tencent Holdings is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Tencent Holdings SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Tencent Holdings SWOT Analysis:
For Tencent Holdings, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Tencent Holdings Strengths
The strengths of Tencent Holdings looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Tencent Holdings :
1. Tencent has an excellent R&D facility, more than 50% employees focus on it
2. Tencent has well diversified business portfolio, which provide various service on internet to attract customer base
3. It has strong position in instant marketing domain, it has got a lot of patents under its name
4. They are leaders in internet services in China
5. Tencent has a valuation in excess of 500 billion USD
6. The company has strong presence in artificial intelligence, robotics, fintech solution as well
7. Tencent has been growing significantly in emerging economies like India
8. Consistent funding and investments have ensures robust financial position of the company
Tencent Holdings Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Tencent Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Tencent has majority presence in China which makes it vulnerable to risk, if any associated with the country
2. Increasing competition from several online portals means limited market share
Tencent Holdings Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Tencent Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. There growing internet usage in the country in various fields can be tapped by Tencent
2. The company is coming with strategic business expansion by coming up with new services and patents
3. The value added service market growth is very high
Tencent Holdings Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Tencent Holdings are as mentioned:
1. Increasing competition due to global player
2. Strict government laws and policies can affect business operations of Tencent
3. Many portals & options in ecommerce & social media means brand switching can lead to loss of users
Tencent Holdings Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 10 competitors of Tencent Holdings:
Tencent Holdings offers popular social network and gaming portal
Tencent Holdings STP
Internet services, E-commerce, online Media and advertising industry, Gaming industry
People using internet services, and companies using online platform for advertisement and selling of their products in China
Tencent offers services in social media, ecommerce and online portals for China
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Tencent Holdings. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute