Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Agilent Technologies analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Agilent Technologies SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Agilent Technologies to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Agilent Technologies is one of the leading brands in the IT & Technology sector.
The article below lists the Agilent Technologies SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Agilent Technologies SWOT Analysis:
For Agilent Technologies, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Agilent Technologies Strengths
The strengths of Agilent Technologies looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Agilent Technologies :
1. Strong R&D capabilities – a dedicated company called Agilent Technologies Research Laboratories (Research Labs) based in US with offices in Europe and China; strong research expenditure 2. Diversified geographic presence – across the EU, Australia, US, China with balanced revenues coming from all regions 3. Strong financial performance – with a strong growth
4. It has a strong workforce of 20000+ people
5. The company has expertise in chemical analysis, life sciences, electronic measurement etc
Agilent Technologies Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Agilent Technologies SWOT Analysis:
1. Long-term debt and financial woes are a concern 2. Problematic credit facility that requires compliance with certain ratios and prevents creation of liens on assets 3. Debt obligations leading to transfer of cash flows from investment to debt servicing
Agilent Technologies Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Agilent Technologies SWOT Analysis:
1. Large number of mergers and acquisitions leads to inorganic growth that allows leveraging on diverse knowhow 2. Semiconductors market has been showing positive, double-digit growth which is expected to continue till 2016 3. Strategic collaboration in the fields such as co-marketing, target enrichment systems, etc to yield positive results
Agilent Technologies Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Agilent Technologies are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition across all segments 2. Government regulations – international, national, state and product-specific pose threats as compliance to these different standards can increase costs 3. Future products may be subject to liabilities due to environmental contamination generated by past products
Agilent Technologies Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Agilent Technologies:
Bio-medical and electronic measurement, diagnostics, chemical analysis
Speciality hospitals, research laboratories
Precise, knowledgeable and reliable brand
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Agilent Technologies. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute