Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Market Basket analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Market Basket SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Market Basket to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Market Basket is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Market Basket SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Market Basket SWOT Analysis:
For Market Basket, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Market Basket Strengths
The strengths of Market Basket looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Market Basket :
1. Convenient and friendly shopping experience 2. Good quality products attracts customers 3. Shopper delight: massive pool of satisfied customers
4. Superior in-store services: muffins, freshly cut meat
5. Lucrative price deals and fresh produce
6. The company has over 2200 employees
7. Large product selection, Low prices and adequate in-store stocks
Market Basket Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Market Basket SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited number of stores restricts the brands reach and market share 2. In-store traffic during peak hours
3. Long waiting hours and queues can be a concern sometimes
Market Basket Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Market Basket SWOT Analysis:
1. Untapped potential: expand in terms of shop area, no of stores, product assortment, and customer base in USA
2. Be the cost-leader of food and grocery
3. Differentiate deals and services from other competitors
Market Basket Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Market Basket are as mentioned:
1. Unfavorable market conditions and increasing costs of raw materials
2. Difficulty to maintain the same food quality and standards with expanding business 3. Steep decline in the purchasing power of people and the demand of exclusive foods
4. Competitors offering better in-store services
Market Basket Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Market Basket:
Food shoppers seeking variety, service and experience
Specialists in food shopping since 1961
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Market Basket. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute