Home Bargains SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Home Bargains, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Home Bargains to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Home Bargains is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Home Bargains SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Home Bargains SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Home Bargains, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Home Bargains looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Home Bargains :
1. Home Bargains is one of the leading retail chains in UK which offers a convenient and friendly shopping experience
2. Home Bargains offers good quality products at extremely affordable prices for customers
3. The company has more than 20,000 employees working across its stores
4. The company stores offer a wide range of products and brands, along with a superior in-store customer service
5. Fresh foods like pasta, rice, soups, cereals etc. is available at its stores
6. Essential merchandise like clothing, health and beauty, toys and games are available available at Home Bargains
7. The company has more than 500 stores are spread across the UK
8. The ecommerce portal offers a good product range, which can be purchased online & shipped to customers directly
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Home Bargains SWOT Analysis:
1. The company is limited to the UK for its revenues and has no global presence
2. Intense competition especially from online brands means reduce in market share
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Home Bargains SWOT Analysis:
1. Home Bargains can expand in terms of shop area, number of stores, product assortment, and customer base outside UK
2. Differentiating customer experience from other brands can help attract more customers
3. Building on a comprehensive ecommerce capability can help in getting more business online
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Home Bargains are as mentioned:
1. Difficulty to maintain the same quality and standards with expanding business can be a concern
2. Decline in the purchasing power of people and lower demand of brands can lead to loss of business
3. Competitors replicating its business model and economic recessions can reduce business for Home Bargains
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 7 competitors of Home Bargains:
4. Marks and Spencer
Hence this concludes the Home Bargains SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Home Bargains Overview|
Top Brands, Bottom Prices
Home Bargains sells branded goods at the lowest prices possible
|Home Bargains STP|
Brands and utility shoppers
Shoppers seeking low priced branded products
Home Bargain offers a range of affordable brands spanning categories
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Home Bargains. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us