LIDL SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of LIDL, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
LIDL is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the LIDL SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of LIDL looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of LIDL :
1. LIDL has private labels and a good range of other branded products too.
2. Strong digital presence and online selling by the brand
3. LIDL sell reasonable food that appeal to all income groups
4. The stores are open on Sundays and holidays, which is an added customer service
5. LIDL has over 10,000 stores across Europe
6. The company operates in more than 25 countries across Europe
7. More than 300,000 people are employed with LIDL
8. The company has also ventured in businesses like bakeries, online photo services, discounted goods etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the LIDL SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth for LIDL
2. Limited presence of the retail chain outside Europe
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in LIDL SWOT Analysis:
1. LIDL can gain a further strong hold in European markets as well more global locations
2. Expanding into growing economies like Africa, Asia etc
3. Extract more business from online & digital channels
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of LIDL are as mentioned:
1. International expansion of other brand would increase competition
2. Price war with other retail chains brands can affect the margins of LIDL
3. Change of Govt policies and regulations in the retail industry
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the LIDL SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Where quality is cheaper
LIDL offers quality goods at affordable prices
Price sensitive customers who usually have a limited budget whilst shopping or choose to buy mediocre quality products.
LIDL is a go-to shop for any grocery needs.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LIDL. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us