Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of LIDL analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In LIDL SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like LIDL to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. LIDL is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the LIDL SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top LIDL competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Price sensitive customers who usually have a limited budget whilst shopping or choose to buy mediocre quality products.
LIDL is a go-to shop for any grocery needs.
SWOT Analysis of LIDL
For LIDL, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the LIDL SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of LIDL looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of LIDL :
1. LIDL has private labels and a good range of other branded products too.
2. Strong digital presence and online selling by the brand
3. LIDL sell reasonable food that appeal to all income groups
4. The stores are open on Sundays and holidays, which is an added customer service
5. LIDL has over 10,000 stores across Europe
6. The company operates in more than 25 countries across Europe
7. More than 300,000 people are employed with LIDL
8. The company has also ventured in businesses like bakeries, online photo services, discounted goods etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the LIDL SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition means limited market share growth for LIDL
2. Limited presence of the retail chain outside Europe
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in LIDL SWOT Analysis:
1. LIDL can gain a further strong hold in European markets as well more global locations
2. Expanding into growing economies like Africa, Asia etc
3. Extract more business from online & digital channels
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of LIDL are as mentioned:
1. International expansion of other brand would increase competition
2. Price war with other retail chains brands can affect the margins of LIDL
3. Change of Govt policies and regulations in the retail industry
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 18 competitors of LIDL:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to LIDL. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute