Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Chanel analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Chanel SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Chanel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Chanel is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Chanel SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Chanel competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Be your own hero; There’s no thrill like discovery; Explore your world; Keep it classy
Chanel is a leaders in haute couture and ready to wear clothes
Men and women who practice an active lifestyle and are interested in high fashion
Urban men and women from higher affluent class
Wealthy, Stylish and well balanced French fashion for those who have a versatile and different attitude
SWOT Analysis of Chanel
For Chanel, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Chanel SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Chanel looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Chanel :
1. Chanel are pioneers of prêt-a-porter of ready to wear clothing
2. Chanel S.A. operates some 300+ Chanel boutiques worldwide
3. Highly established brand worldwide since many years
4. Classic and timeless designs are a major part of their collection
5. Chanel company have about 1200+ employees
6. The clothes offered are comfortable with the perfect style for rich urban customers
7. Strong brand equity and loyalty of Chanel
8.They are among the market leaders in the premium clothing segment
9. Chanel also has a wide range of products like perfumes, watches, skin care products etc
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Chanel SWOT Analysis:
1. Stiff competition from other premium brands means market share growth for Chanel is limited
2.Despite good brand visibility, brand switching is high
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Chanel SWOT Analysis:
1. Online sale and E-marketing gaining a lot of importance can be tapped by Chanel
2. Emerging markets and various expansions and acquisitions abroad
3. Product innovation and takeovers
4. Tie-ups with leading hotel chains and fashion houses to boost the brand
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Chanel are as mentioned:
1. Competitors in the same business providing similar kind of clothes and accessories can reduce Chanel's market share
2. Economic slowdown and downturn also has an effect on production
3. Counterfeits and price wars are also a viable threat
4.Other cheaper and lower brands trying to copy their timeless styles and selling at much affordable rates
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 11 competitors of Chanel:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Chanel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute