Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Titan analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Titan SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Titan to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Titan is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Titan SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Titan competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The above mentioned brands are the prominent products under the Titan product portfolio.
SWOT Analysis of Titan
For Titan, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Titan SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Titan looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Titan :
1. Titan has a large network of exclusive stores and service centres 2. High top of the mind recall of the brand 3. Different sub-brands under the brand Titan have been successful in their positioning 4. One of the world’s top five and India’s biggest watch manufacturer 5. Titan watches are exported in over 40 countries
6. Strong advertising and brand presence of Titan
7. The brand uses celebrity brand ambassadors to promote itself
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Titan SWOT Analysis:
1. Titan brand has to face issues to tackling fake imitations 2. Haven’t penetrated the global market as some other international watch makers
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Titan SWOT Analysis:
1. India is an under penetrated market for watches 2. Global expansion and tie-ups with global watch and Jewellry brands
3. Titan can focus on more brand awareness and having watches catering to every segment
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Titan are as mentioned:
1. Broad target segment may lead to lack of focus in brand strategy 2. Stiff Competition faced by foreign brands, particularly in the premium segment can decline Titan's market share
3. Being an international brand, the company's business is affected by recession and economic instability
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 5 competitors of Titan:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Titan. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute