Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of TAG Heuer analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In TAG Heuer SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like TAG Heuer to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. TAG Heuer is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the TAG Heuer SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the TAG Heuer SWOT Analysis:
For TAG Heuer, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
TAG Heuer Strengths
The strengths of TAG Heuer looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of TAG Heuer :
1. TAG Heuer is an established brand around the world, high international brand awareness
2. High brand recall of TAG Heuer as the official timekeeper of World class sporting events like the Olympics, Formula One etc
3. Member of the FHH – the most exclusive club in the Swiss watch-making Industry
4. High brand loyalty and brand equity
5. TAG Heuer has associations with international celebrities for brand promotion through TVCs and print ads
6. Strong backing and financial position of the parent company helps the brand grow
7. TAG Heuer has a very strong legacy since its inception in 1860
8. The company has exclusive showrooms and available at premium watch stores in more than 120 countries
9. More than 1500 people are employed with the TAG Heuer brand
TAG Heuer Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the TAG Heuer SWOT Analysis:
1. Counterfeit watches spoil the brand name and affect the business
2. Competition from luxury brands means limited market share growth for TAG Heuer
TAG Heuer Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in TAG Heuer SWOT Analysis:
1. High growth in the luxury watches segment in emerging economies can be tapped by TAG Heuer
2. High-end watches are the first luxury pieces that a consumer buys giving a window of opportunity for the brand to establish itself as the first luxury piece aspired by a consumer
3. Innovation in terms of digital watches can help the TAG Heuer brand explore more business avenues
TAG Heuer Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of TAG Heuer are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from luxury watch makers can affect business
2. Low switching costs for the wealthy people can hurt brand loyalty of TAG Heuer
3. Threat from cheap and fake imitations which can hurt sales & business
TAG Heuer Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 16 competitors of TAG Heuer:
TAG Heuer offers a sporty look in the luxury segment
TAG Heuer STP
Premium watches segment across the world
Young Affluent Men from High Income group
TAG Heuer is positioned as a classy & prestigious sports watch
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TAG Heuer. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute