TAG Heuer SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of TAG Heuer, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
TAG Heuer is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the TAG Heuer SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of TAG Heuer looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of TAG Heuer :
1. TAG Heuer is an established brand around the world, high international brand awareness
2. High brand recall of TAG Heuer as the official timekeeper of World class sporting events like the Olympics, Formula One etc
3. Member of the FHH – the most exclusive club in the Swiss watch-making Industry
4. High brand loyalty and brand equity
5. TAG Heuer has associations with international celebrities for brand promotion through TVCs and print ads
6. Strong backing and financial position of the parent company helps the brand grow
7. TAG Heuer has a very strong legacy since its inception in 1860
8. The company has exclusive showrooms and available at premium watch stores in more than 120 countries
9. More than 1500 people are employed with the TAG Heuer brand
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the TAG Heuer SWOT Analysis:
1. Counterfeit watches spoil the brand name and affect the business
2. Competition from luxury brands means limited market share growth for TAG Heuer
Read more about TAG Heuer
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in TAG Heuer SWOT Analysis:
1. High growth in the luxury watches segment in emerging economies can be tapped by TAG Heuer
2. High-end watches are the first luxury pieces that a consumer buys giving a window of opportunity for the brand to establish itself as the first luxury piece aspired by a consumer
3. Innovation in terms of digital watches can help the TAG Heuer brand explore more business avenues
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of TAG Heuer are as mentioned:
1. Intense competition from luxury watch makers can affect business
2. Low switching costs for the wealthy people can hurt brand loyalty of TAG Heuer
3. Threat from cheap and fake imitations which can hurt sales & business
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the TAG Heuer SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About TAG Heuer
|TAG Heuer Overview|
LVMH Louis Vuitton S.A.
Watches and Accessories
What are you made of?
TAG Heuer offers a sporty look in the luxury segment
|TAG Heuer STP|
Premium watches segment across the world
Young Affluent Men from High Income group
TAG Heuer is positioned as a classy & prestigious sports watch
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TAG Heuer. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us