Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Breguet analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Breguet SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Breguet to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Breguet is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Breguet SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Breguet SWOT Analysis:
For Breguet, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Breguet looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Breguet :
1. Breguet produced the first wrist watch in 1810 and pioneer of numerous watch-making technologies
2. Breguet watches have an image of being associated with history and culture which differentiates itself from other watches
3. Part of the Swatch group that has 28,000 employees across 50 countries
4. The brand has a strong presence internationally by prestigious associations (museums, art and culture events are synonymous with its brand image and reinforce its identity)
5. Since 1999, Breguet has registered over 100 patents in watch technology
6. The brand also offers writing instruments, cufflinks, jewellery for ladies etc
7. Good advertising and brand of Breguet watches especially in premium shopping malls globally
8. Several events are organized by the company to reach out to a niche & rich audience
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Breguet SWOT Analysis:
1. The positioning of the Breguet brand and its association with history and culture can cause limitations in terms of varieties of design
2. Limited market share growth due to competition
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Breguet SWOT Analysis:
1. Breguet can expand its product base in the crystal quartz watch category
2. High growth observed in luxury segment in developing economies
3. High spending power of people means a higher opportunity to sell Breguet globally
4. More advertising would help increasing brand awareness
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Breguet are as mentioned:
1. Breguet faces competition in the luxury segment with new designs from its competitors
2. Instability surrounding the Euro has affected the spending costs by the brand
3. Fake and counterfeit products hurt the brand image and sales
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 16 competitors of Breguet:
Breguet is a leader of numerous watch-making technologies especially the tourbillon
High Income group
Culturally aware high income men and women
Breguet is a watch brand with a history attached to every timepiece
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Breguet. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute