Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of GAP analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In GAP SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like GAP to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. GAP is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the GAP SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top GAP competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of GAP:
1. Gap has strong dealership teamwork thus it is able to reach its customers all around the world.
2. Good working knowledge and experience makes GAP adapt to new trends easily.
3. GAP products are durable and long lasting.
4. Gap has a section for baby products which are always in demand despite market fluctuations.
5. GAP has over 3,250 stores in worldwide with over 140,000 employees worldwide 6. Excellent brand recall through good marketing through TV, print and online media
Here are the weaknesses in the GAP SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition in the apparel segment mans limited market share and high brand switching also 2. Still hasn’t penetrated into the emerging economies market
Following are the Opportunities in GAP SWOT Analysis:
1. Gap’s new ventures in China and Europe can be profitable to the company 2. Boost sales through online promotion and shopping on the brand 3. Tie-up with fashion houses and expansion through more stores
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of GAP are as mentioned:
1.Brands offering more fashionable clothing at better value
2. Rapid changing fashion trends 3.Rising production costs can put a dent in the profits of the brand
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to GAP. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute