Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Lacoste analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lacoste SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lacoste to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lacoste is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Lacoste SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Lacoste competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
A vintage company with quality designs, modern technologies with a niche look.
All aspiring sportsmen and fashion conscious with a high purchasing power who prefer to flaunt a status symbol through their apparel.
All sportsmen and fashion conscious people who want to look sporty, trendy with an expensive brand name.
An Aspiring brand for achievement for sportsmen and a classic look apparel for lifestyle consumers.
SWOT Analysis of Lacoste
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lacoste:
1. The brand is present in over 120 countries and employs over 1000 employees.
2. The brand has an iconic image and a very rich heritage in the fashion industry.
3. The brand is highly accessible. Even-though positioned in the niche segment, the brand has reasonable price points compared to its competitions.
4. The brand has a very rich clientele in the sports fraternity
5. The brand has an elaborated product line including Bags, wallets, perfumes and shoes.
6. The brand is socially responsible as it funds organizations in Philippines to protect the extinction of crocodile.
7. The brand is very famous for its plain polo’s in multiple colors
Here are the weaknesses in the Lacoste SWOT Analysis:
1.The brand sales and image is affected by fake imitations of the products
2. The brand has been involved in environmental issues and has been accused of “dirty laundry” blamed for using hormone-affecting chemicals in their T-shirts.
Following are the Opportunities in Lacoste SWOT Analysis:
1. Demand for Lacoste’s products are Increasing in the Asia-Pacific region significantly.
2. The world wide demand of green-clothing which is an opportunity for Lacoste to explore as the brand uses natural cotton fiber for all its clothing.
3. Demand for active sportswear in the Australasia Region.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lacoste are as mentioned:
1.increasing competition from lifestyle brands like H&M, ZARA and sportswear companies like adidas and Nike are increasing 2.Increasing number of counterfeit products and market, Lacoste has become one of the most Imitated brands.
3. The company has lost significant market share to other brands
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lacoste. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute