Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Zales analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Zales SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Zales to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Zales is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Zales SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Zales competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Has a commitment for excellence and is a brand which can be trusted
SWOT Analysis of Zales
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Zales:
1. They have over 785 stores in US, which is one of largest buyers and processors of diamonds
2. They have decades of experience and expertise in the diamond industry 3. On line purchase has been a great experience for the people and thus increases in sales.
4. The revolutionary marketing strategy with a credit plan of "a penny down and a dollar a week," was introduced in 1925 for making jewelry and other merchandise affordable to the average working American.
5.Its the first company to use Institute management training in 1950
6. Has a strong workforce of nearly 13000 employees
Here are the weaknesses in the Zales SWOT Analysis:
1.Less concentration in growing economic countries 2. Limited brand awareness since there is a lot of competition from the local vendors as well as branded luxury products
Following are the Opportunities in Zales SWOT Analysis:
1.Going Global through franchisees and tie-ups 2.Use of TV, print media as a tool and expanding its awareness 3. More usage of social media like Face book, Twitter to take customer feedback and to see the current trends in the industry
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Zales are as mentioned:
1. Use of conflict diamonds, the diamonds are not legitimated 2.Govt intervention in the operations 3. High debt in case of increasing the retail space or expanding the business in other countries
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Zales. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute