Norma Kamali SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Norma Kamali, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Norma Kamali is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Norma Kamali SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Norma Kamali, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Norma Kamali looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Norma Kamali :
1. Norma Kamali’s reputation as a successful designer is the main USP of the brand.
2. The brand is attributed to be a very effective user of technology with it being attributed to starting the first fashion online store on e-bay and introduction of very effective smart phone applications for fashion related products.
3. The brand uses material of silk parachutes for most of its products and has a specialty of making multi-use pieces.
4. The brands policy of “Try before you buy” and keep whatever you like in 48 hours has been a success
5. Good brand visibility and positioning
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Norma Kamali SWOT Analysis:
1.The brand has limited visibility outside the United States unlike its other competitors who are global entities.
2. The brand does not have its own procurement and manufacturing facility
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Norma Kamali SWOT Analysis:
1. The brand can expand its base outside the USA with MBO’s and boutiques at major cities for better visibility.
2. With the innovative string of products by the brand it can also take up green initiatives.
3. The brand can also extend its product portfolio towards being a complete lifestyle brand
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Norma Kamali are as mentioned:
1.The highly fragmented fashion industry means that there is low brand loyalty.
2. The recent slowdown in American markets would mean reduced spending on lifestyle products which would affect the brand.
3.The entry of several new designers in the same segment is a challenge to the brand.
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Norma Kamali SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Norma Kamali Overview|
Norma Kamali Fashions Pvt. Ltd
Apparel and Accessories
The democratization of fashion
Designer multi-use pieces
|Norma Kamali STP|
Fashion concious Urban upper class women
Young urban women from the premium class
High end designer multi use pieces
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Norma Kamali. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us