Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Quiksilver analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Quiksilver SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Quiksilver to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Quiksilver is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Quiksilver SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Quiksilver SWOT Analysis:
For Quiksilver, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Quiksilver looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Quiksilver :
1. Over decades the company has achieved the reputation of being the largest manufacturer of surf-wear and board-sportswear equipment in the world. 2. The brand has a strong presence across the world with it operating over 800 stand-alone stores across five zones, Australia, Europe, Asia, Africa, North and South America, with presence in major Retailers through MBO’s. 3. The financial restructuring with Rhone Group has been a success and the returns are paying off. 4. The company has diversified into various product lines like watches, wallets, belts to become a complete sports lifestyle brand
5. Good advertising and brand presence
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Quiksilver SWOT Analysis:
1. Fake imitations and replica products affect branding and sales 2. In comparison to the rate of production the company has a very low market share in the global market as compared to its competitors
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Quiksilver SWOT Analysis:
1. The company can go into online sales to reach out to a larger no of customers, which has been an effective retail medium. 2. The company can further concentrate on brand-building of its new product lines which are yet to gain popular attention. 3. The company can explore new markets and sponsor emerging competitions where the sport is growing.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Quiksilver are as mentioned:
1. The threat for the brand is from environmental regulations for the sport from across the world which can act as a spoil-sport. 2. The company faces the threat of counterfeit products which have caused significant losses 3. The fluctuations in the currency rates across the world can also effect their sales revenues.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Quiksilver:
Ride the hazardous wave; When the sun runs our i'll use the moon
Complete surf-wear and board-sportswear brand.
Sporty Men, Women and kids
Urban men women and kids from the middle and upper middle class
Exclusive sport-wear brand.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Quiksilver. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute