Reebok SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Reebok, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Reebok is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Reebok SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Reebok looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reebok :
1. Reebok is amongst the largest seller of athletic footwear and athletic apparel in the world.
2. Reebok brings out the perfect combination of technology and fitness each year in its products.
3. Products are made not only in the premium range but also in mid-range.
4. The Reebok value store targets lower income groups thus categorizing its products for each class of society.
5. The brand has been endorsed by many sports stars and movie celebs globally
6. Reebok operates through a network of department stores, sporting goods, specialty retailers, company-owned stores, licensees thus having a better reach.
7. Reebok sponsors international teams, clubs, players from all sports like football, cricket, basketball, motorsport, etc
8. Excellent advertising and branding make it a popular brand
9. Reebok has its business spread in more than 80 countries, along with Adidas
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Reebok SWOT Analysis:
1. Reebok faces tough problem from fake and duplicate sales
2. Being a popular brand means any controversy affects brand image considerably
Read more about Reebok
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Reebok SWOT Analysis:
1. Reebok can expand more in the kids section
2. Lifestyle section can be expanded and can be given more focus.
3. More tie-ups with sports academies and schools worldwide
4. Tapping the growing interest of sports in emerging economies can be targeted by Reebok
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reebok are as mentioned:
1. Competition by international brands means limited market share from Reebok
2. Fluctuating international currencies can mean losses to the company
3. Fake imitations can cause loss to the brand
4. Cannibalization with Adidas brand can also affect Reebok's business
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Reebok SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Apparel and accessories
I am what I am
Reebok company is known for its innovative and comfortable footwear and sports apparel.
Reebok targets all ages who are sporty, adventurous and who want to be fit.
Urban men women and kids from the upper middle class
Celebrate individuality in Sports and Life
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reebok. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us