Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Reebok analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Reebok SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Reebok to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Reebok is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Reebok SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Reebok competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Reebok company is known for its innovative and comfortable footwear and sports apparel.
Reebok targets all ages who are sporty, adventurous and who want to be fit.
Urban men women and kids from the upper middle class
Celebrate individuality in Sports and Life
SWOT Analysis of Reebok
For Reebok, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Reebok SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of Reebok looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reebok :
1. Reebok is amongst the largest seller of athletic footwear and athletic apparel in the world.
2. Reebok brings out the perfect combination of technology and fitness each year in its products.
3. Products are made not only in the premium range but also in mid-range.
4. The Reebok value store targets lower income groups thus categorizing its products for each class of society.
5. The brand has been endorsed by many sports stars and movie celebs globally
6. Reebok operates through a network of department stores, sporting goods, specialty retailers, company-owned stores, licensees thus having a better reach.
7. Reebok sponsors international teams, clubs, players from all sports like football, cricket, basketball, motorsport, etc
8. Excellent advertising and branding make it a popular brand
9. Reebok has its business spread in more than 80 countries, along with Adidas
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Reebok SWOT Analysis:
1. Reebok faces tough problem from fake and duplicate sales
2. Being a popular brand means any controversy affects brand image considerably
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Reebok SWOT Analysis:
1. Reebok can expand more in the kids section
2. Lifestyle section can be expanded and can be given more focus.
3. More tie-ups with sports academies and schools worldwide
4. Tapping the growing interest of sports in emerging economies can be targeted by Reebok
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reebok are as mentioned:
1. Competition by international brands means limited market share from Reebok
2. Fluctuating international currencies can mean losses to the company
3. Fake imitations can cause loss to the brand
4. Cannibalization with Adidas brand can also affect Reebok's business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 12 competitors of Reebok:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reebok. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute