Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Best Buy analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Best Buy SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Best Buy to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Best Buy is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Best Buy SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Best Buy competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Best Buy:
1. Global Presence in China, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Canada apart from being a leader in USA 2. Reach to high customers through online media 3. Wide range of products in consumer durable including own brand products
4. Skilled workforce and salesforce with approx 180,000 employees
5. One of the largest music instrument distributor in US and can leverage on that brand name
6. Strong performance service plan
Best Buy Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Best Buy SWOT Analysis:
1. Brand recall is limited outside USA
2. High competition in consumer durable category
Best Buy Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Best Buy SWOT Analysis:
1. Expanding into lifestyle segment 2. Attracting more customers by leveraging through online media
3. Penetration into the emerging economies to increase global visibility
Best Buy Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Best Buy are as mentioned:
1.Presence only in consumer durables so can be easily substituted
2. Brand recall as different brand names present
3. Change in govt policies to affect operations
Best Buy Competition
Best Buy Competitors
Below are the top 3 competitors of Best Buy:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Best Buy. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute