Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Big Bazaar analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Big Bazaar SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Big Bazaar to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Big Bazaar is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Big Bazaar SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Big Bazaar competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Big Bazaar povides affordable lifestyle to Indian consumers
Big Bazaar STP
Price sensitive group
Upper middle class and lower middle class
Big Bazaar is every family's favourite retail store
SWOT Analysis of Big Bazaar
Big Bazaar Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Big Bazaar:
1. Affordability for middle class is provided by Big Bazaar in India 2. Big Bazaar offers quality,choice and convenience 3. Wide range of products and service offerings 4. Strong presence in local market
5. Attractive promotional offers given by Big Bazaar to attract customer through discounts, sales, exhange offers etc
6. Large no. SKU provided to consumers
7. Good branding and advertising by also roping in celebrity brand ambassadors also boosted Big Bazaar's presence
Big Bazaar Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Big Bazaar SWOT Analysis:
1. Big Bazaar is not known globally and restricted to the Indian market only 2. No different game plan according to divergent people, their lifestyles, their tastes and budgets in India
Big Bazaar Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Big Bazaar SWOT Analysis:
1. Big Bazaar can plan to expand globally by tie-ups 2. Entering into high premium segment 3. Opportunity to expand into financial services catering to huge segment
4. Increased rural penetration can also benefit Big Bazaar
Big Bazaar Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Big Bazaar are as mentioned:
1. Competitors with a global presence 2. Online markets can severaly affect the market share of Big Bazaar 3. Low priced brand perceived to be of low quality in Indian consumer minds
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Big Bazaar. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute