Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Canadian Tire analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Canadian Tire SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Canadian Tire to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Canadian Tire is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Canadian Tire SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Canadian Tire competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Canadian Tire:
1. Presence in different categories like online,automotive,financial services 2. Canada's largest retailer 3. High accessibility of stores by consumers 4. The world's first hard goods retailer to begin selling gasoline at their stores as a means of driving customer traffic.
5. Attractive promotional offers
6. High presence in domestic market
Canadian Tire Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Canadian Tire SWOT Analysis:
1. Not known globally compared to some other brands 2.Market share is limited due to competitive segment
Canadian Tire Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Canadian Tire SWOT Analysis:
1. To expand globally into other countries other than Canada 2.It has large brand awareness so could leverage on it
Canadian Tire Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Canadian Tire are as mentioned:
1.Competitors global presence 2.Consumers are not habituated of buying different categories like automotive and gifts under one roof 3.Low priced brand perceived to be of low quality in Indian consumer minds
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Canadian Tire. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute