Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: October 07, 2021
SWOT analysis of Lowe's analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Lowe's SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Lowe's to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Lowe's is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Lowe's SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Lowe's SWOT Analysis:
For Lowe's, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Lowe's looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Lowe's :
1. Lowe's Companies, a US based home improvement chain, serves millions of customers every week
2. Lowe's is one of the largest home improvement retail brands globally
3. The company has its presence on NYSE & S&P 500 Component
4. Lowe's Companies has been recognized in the Fortune 500 companies
5. Strong brand reputation and financially stable shows it is a strong player in the segment
6. The company has over 300,000 people employed with the company, which has over 2000 stores
7. The annual revenue of the company is more than $70 billion
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Lowe's SWOT Analysis:
1. Lowe's Companies has tremendous competition which means limited market share growth
2. Geographical expansion is not at very large extent and limited global presence
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Lowe's SWOT Analysis:
1. Global expansion to tap newer markets can boost Lowe's business
2. Increasing product and service offerings
3.Free parcel shipping to increase customer experience
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Lowe's are as mentioned:
1. Cut throat competition with respect to margins
2. Touch and feel of product is not available prior to purchase in case of shipment
3. People opting for ecommerce portals for home deliveries & services can degrow business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Lowe's:
Lowe's Companies gives better offers and improved service for home appliances
Home furnishings and accessories
Urban middle and upper class households
Lowe's Companies is a retail home improvement and appliance stores
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Lowe's. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute