Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Sears Holdings analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Sears Holdings SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Sears Holdings to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Sears Holdings is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Sears Holdings SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Sears Holdings SWOT Analysis:
For Sears Holdings, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Sears Holdings Strengths
The strengths of Sears Holdings looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Sears Holdings :
1. The company was named as one of the Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality published by the Human Rights Campaign 2. Revenue has grown and shown a strong financial performance 3. 280,000+ employees 4. Subsidiaries are Kmart, Sears, Roebuck and Co., KCD IP, Shop Your Way, MetaScale etc.
5. Has its own line of flagship brands
Sears Holdings Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Sears Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1. Closing of stores due to less performance is a concern 2. It is the target of an Industrial Workers of the World campaign to get the company to stop advertising through Havas' MPG
Sears Holdings Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Sears Holdings SWOT Analysis:
1.Disposable income is increasing of the customers
2. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies
3. Acquisition of smaller retail chains
4. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
Sears Holdings Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Sears Holdings are as mentioned:
1. Huge financial troubles 2. Operational control is difficult
3. Increasing competition and changing economic scenarios
Sears Holdings Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Sears Holdings:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Sears Holdings. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute