Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Nordstrom analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Nordstrom SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Nordstrom to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Nordstrom is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The table below lists the Nordstrom SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Nordstrom competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Upscale department store chain in the United States
Departmental store for household goods
Upper middle and upper class households
British styling and high quality with a wide product range
SWOT Analysis of Nordstrom
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Nordstrom:
1. Nearly 120 Full-Line stores and 110 Nordstrom Racks 2. Revenue performance is strong and has a good market reputation among customers 3. 52,000+ employees 4. Operates in Clothing, footwear, bedding, furniture, jewelry, beauty products, cafe, and House Ware category
5. Offers free shipment options to customers which adds experience and value
Here are the weaknesses in the Nordstrom SWOT Analysis:
1.Presence in other continents Is very low 2. Presence of many similar stores means market share is stagnant
Following are the Opportunities in Nordstrom SWOT Analysis:
1.Disposable income is increasing of the customers
2. Tapping the international market specially emerging economies
3. Acquisition of smaller retail chains
4. More visibility through advertising and customer focused services
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Nordstrom are as mentioned:
1. Reducing Sales may dilute brand equity 2.Emotional connect with customer might decline
3. Strong competitors and economic scenario can affect operations
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Nordstrom. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute