Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Shoppers Drug Mart, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector. The article below lists the Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Shoppers Drug Mart looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Shoppers Drug Mart :
1. Shoppers Drug Mart is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with 1,200+ stores
2. Implementation of successful loyalty program
3. Shoppers Drug Mart introduced its first BeautyBoutique, setting a new standard for the industry with its open-sell display and unbiased approach to customer service in prestige cosmetic retailing.
4. Strong presence across Canada and easy accessibility
5. Presence of private label brands
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition from local stores and unorganised retail means limited market share
2. Very less global presence of Shoppers Drug Mart so standards are set domestically
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT Analysis:
1. High business opportunity in Canada for pharma products for Shoppers Drug Mart
2. Could leverage on brand equity and extending product portfolio into home care category
3. Marketing themselves as high caring brand by supporting medical health campaigns
4. Global tie-ups and expansion
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Shoppers Drug Mart are as mentioned:
1. High investment in R& D division
2. Various norms in pharma industry by government which could be entry barriers
3. All products in phrama are same only great positioning in customer minds helps to increase sales
Read Similar SWOT analysis
Hence this concludes the Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
About Shoppers Drug Mart
|Shoppers Drug Mart Overview|
Shoppers Drug Mart
Your Life Store ; Take care of yourself
Shoppers Drug Mart is Canada's largest pharmacy chain
|Shoppers Drug Mart STP|
Pharma retail chain segment
Middle class and upper class households
Shoppers Drug Mart is a retail chain looking after its customers health
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shoppers Drug Mart. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us