Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 26, 2020
SWOT analysis of Shoppers Drug Mart analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Shoppers Drug Mart to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Shoppers Drug Mart is one of the leading brands in the lifestyle and retail sector.
The article below lists the Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Shoppers Drug Mart competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Shoppers Drug Mart is Canada's largest pharmacy chain
Shoppers Drug Mart STP
Pharma retail chain segment
Middle class and upper class households
Shoppers Drug Mart is a retail chain looking after its customers health
SWOT Analysis of Shoppers Drug Mart
For Shoppers Drug Mart, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT Analysis:
Shoppers Drug Mart Strengths
The strengths of Shoppers Drug Mart looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Shoppers Drug Mart :
1. Shoppers Drug Mart is Canada's largest pharmacy chain with 1,200+ stores
2. Implementation of successful loyalty program
3. Shoppers Drug Mart introduced its first BeautyBoutique, setting a new standard for the industry with its open-sell display and unbiased approach to customer service in prestige cosmetic retailing.
4. Strong presence across Canada and easy accessibility
5. Presence of private label brands
Shoppers Drug Mart Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT Analysis:
1. Strong competition from local stores and unorganised retail means limited market share
2. Very less global presence of Shoppers Drug Mart so standards are set domestically
Shoppers Drug Mart Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Shoppers Drug Mart SWOT Analysis:
1. High business opportunity in Canada for pharma products for Shoppers Drug Mart
2. Could leverage on brand equity and extending product portfolio into home care category
3. Marketing themselves as high caring brand by supporting medical health campaigns
4. Global tie-ups and expansion
Shoppers Drug Mart Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Shoppers Drug Mart are as mentioned:
1. High investment in R& D division
2. Various norms in pharma industry by government which could be entry barriers
3. All products in phrama are same only great positioning in customer minds helps to increase sales
Shoppers Drug Mart Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 6 competitors of Shoppers Drug Mart:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Shoppers Drug Mart. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute