Boston Consulting Group BCG SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Boston Consulting Group BCG, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Boston Consulting Group BCG to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. Boston Consulting Group BCG is one of the leading brands in the management & consulting sector.
The article below lists the Boston Consulting Group BCG SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Boston Consulting Group BCG SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For Boston Consulting Group BCG, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Boston Consulting Group BCG looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Boston Consulting Group BCG :
1. BCG focuses on strategy and operations projects
2. One of the companies to be awarded as the ‘Best place to work for’
3. Pool talent at Boston Consulting consists of the best brains in the industry
4. BCG is a popular consulting company and has a good brand visibility amongst competitors
5. Present in over 45+ countries with nearly 80 offices and has over 5,500 consultants
6. Several awards have been given to BCG for its consulting business
7. The company has also been involved in several publications and perspectives across different businesses & sectors
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Boston Consulting Group BCG SWOT Analysis:
1. BCG have been unable to penetrate into some of the international markets like some its competitors
2. Tough competition means market share is limited
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Boston Consulting Group BCG SWOT Analysis:
1. Getting into more diverse areas of business and evolving new concept there rather than sticking into only strategy
2. BCG's green initiatives can create a new opportunity of consultation for them
3. Acquisition of smaller firms can strengthen the presence of Boston Consulting Group
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Boston Consulting Group BCG are as mentioned:
1. Stiff competition from existing industry players means reduction of BCG's market share
2. Fluctuations in currencies affects international projects
3. Companies setting up their own knowledge centres
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of Boston Consulting Group BCG:
4. PwC PricewaterhouseCoopers
7. A T Kearney
Hence this concludes the Boston Consulting Group BCG SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Boston Consulting Group BCG Overview|
The Boston Consulting Group, Inc.
The world’s leading advisor on business strategy
BCG is an established well-renowned consulting firm and accepted concepts like BCG matrix
|Boston Consulting Group BCG STP|
Knowledge and management consulting
Clients are all types of urban businesses
BCG delivers academic solutions based on conceptual framework and
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Boston Consulting Group BCG. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us