McKinsey and Company SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of McKinsey and Company, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like McKinsey and Company to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. McKinsey and Company is one of the leading brands in the management & consulting sector.
The article below lists the McKinsey and Company SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the McKinsey and Company SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For McKinsey and Company, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of McKinsey and Company looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of McKinsey and Company :
1. McKinsey has highly qualified employees who are recruited from various different streams
2. The knowledge management system who help in gathering the information
3. McKinsey has a wide Geographic reach as it has its presence across the world
4. Good relationships with the high level executives of different companies give strong brand loyalty
5. McKinsey & Company has a good brand awareness and recall is very high
6. They have over 100 offices in 50 countries having an employee base of 11,000+ with nearly 9,000 consultants
7. Strong legacy of McKinsey since its inception in 1926
8. The company offers management consulting, environmental consulting, research paper publications etc
9. McKinsey has actively sponsored events, seminars and conferences to spread more awareness
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the McKinsey and Company SWOT Analysis:
1. Tough competition from big industry consultants as well as other knowledge consulting agencies
2. Being a global player, McKinsey's business is governed by external factors like government policies, currency fluctuations etc
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in McKinsey and Company SWOT Analysis:
1. McKinsey could diversify from general strategy and venture into other areas of business too
2. Increase penetration into emerging economies
3. Acquisition of smaller firms can strengthen the market position of McKinsey further
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of McKinsey and Company are as mentioned:
1. Expansion of existing industry experts can reduce McKinsey's business
2. Companies setting up their own knowledge centres with increase and ease in IT
3. Economic recession and strict government policies can reduce business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of McKinsey and Company:
4. PwC PricewaterhouseCoopers
6. Boston Consulting Group BCG
7. A T Kearney
Hence this concludes the McKinsey and Company SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|McKinsey and Company Overview|
McKinsey & Co
Everything can be measured and what gets measured gets managed
McKinsey has a unique way of presenting publications and making presentations to the clients
|McKinsey and Company STP|
Advices world’s leading business
Clients are Most of the fortune 500 companies
McKinsey are internationally acclaimed general strategy consultants
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to McKinsey and Company. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us