Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: September 11, 2021
SWOT analysis of PwC analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In PwC SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like PwC to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. PwC is one of the leading brands in the management & consulting sector.
The article below lists the PwC SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top PwC competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It takes more than one to build a project that will last
PWC have expertise in accounting and auditing globally
Organizations looking for expert opinion and business analysis on financial matters
All industries and big organizations
PWC are a globally leading audit and accountancy firm
SWOT Analysis of PwC
For PwC, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the PwC SWOT Analysis:
The strengths of PwC looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of PwC :
1. PwC is one of the largest professional services companies and have a large client base many of which are loyal clients
2. It has many business units apart from financial services like, consumer & industrial product service, private company service etc.
3. PwC have a very extensive geographical reach with presence in over 150 countries
4. PricewaterhouseCoopers have a workforce consisting of the best talent pool
5. It is the world's largest professional services firm and one of the largest of the "Big Four" accountancy firms
6. The company has more than 200,000 employees globally
7. PwC has excellent advertising through commercials, which has created a strong brand awareness
8. The company has been regarded as one of the best places to work and has won several awards
9. PwC has created brand awareness by various sponsorship deals as well
10. The annual revenue of the company is approximately $40 billion
11. Several acquisitions and strategic partnerships have enables the company to strengthen its portfolio and services
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the PwC SWOT Analysis:
1. Stiff competition from other leading industry players means restricted market share for PwC
2. Certain work related controversies and allegations have marred the brand image at times
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in PwC SWOT Analysis:
1. PwC can benefit from the growing prospects in emerging economies
2. There are many opportunities in providing compliance solutions to almost all types of companies
3. Increase in companies looking for expert business solutions can be an opportunity for the company
4. Acquisition of smaller consulting and financial firms can benefit PwC in increasing its client base
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of PwC are as mentioned:
1. Recession resulting from the ongoing Euro crisis can affect the business
2. Expansion of competitors can affect PwC's business globally across sectors
3. Fluctuating global economy & financial recessions can affects operations
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 8 competitors of PwC:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to PwC. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute