Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Fisher-Price analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Fisher-Price SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Fisher-Price to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Fisher-Price is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the Fisher-Price SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Fisher-Price SWOT Analysis:
For Fisher-Price, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Fisher-Price looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fisher-Price :
1. Strong legacy in the toy industry since 1930
2. Substantial market share and brand awareness
3. High profit margin( 40%-60%) in Prestige items with minimum advertisement
4. Economies of scale and scope
5. Five qualities set by Herman Fisher: intrinsic play value, ingenuity, strong construction, good value for money, and action. These are still observed today
6. Introduction of six new toys every year in the company
7. Increased volume in $3and $5 toys
8. Fisher Price has its own R&D facility
9. Fisher-Price operated a licensed on-premise nursery for 2 to 3 years and 4 to 5 years old by trained teachers.
10. Brand recall is high as it focuses on good marketing and advertising exercises
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Fisher-Price SWOT Analysis:
1. Products face competition from higher and lower quality substitutes which means restricted margins
2. High variation in seasonal demand for products forces company to have excess cash on hand, suffer fluctuating revenues, have difficulty
predicting the optimal number of a product to produce
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Fisher-Price SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisition of companies or products that compliment the existing lines or target a new age group
2. Development of new products
3. Room for growth of international sales
4. New advertising opportunities on the internet
5. Investment in web retailing opportunities
6. Development of specialized stores
7. Substantial demand for riding toys
8. Positive attitude towards toys
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fisher-Price are as mentioned:
1. Number of foreign manufacturers increasing
2. Large discounters change toy industry’s structure
3. Fierce competition with riding toys
4. High dependency on suppliers
5. Easy entry by competing firms
6. Decline in children’s leisure time
7. Threat from private label toys
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Fisher-Price:
Products and solutions that will enrich family’s lives
Infants & Children toys
Anyone who is important to children; Parents, grandparents, etc
Celebrate the discoveries of early childhood and the link between play and learning
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fisher-Price. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute