Fisher-Price SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Fisher-Price, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Fisher-Price is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector. The article below lists the Fisher-Price SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
Let us start the SWOT Analysis below:
The strengths of Fisher-Price looks at the key internal factors of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market and strengthens its position.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in a SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Fisher-Price :
1. Strong legacy in the toy industry since 1930
2. Substantial market share and brand awareness
3. High profit margin( 40%-60%) in Prestige items with minimum advertisement
4. Economies of scale and scope
5. Five qualities set by Herman Fisher: intrinsic play value, ingenuity, strong construction, good value for money, and action. These are still observed today
6. Introduction of six new toys every year in the company
7. Increased volume in $3and $5 toys
8. Fisher Price has its own R&D facility
9. Fisher-Price operated a licensed on-premise nursery for 2 to 3 years and 4 to 5 years old by trained teachers.
10. Brand recall is high as it focuses on good marketing and advertising exercises
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which it can improve. Here are the weaknesses in the Fisher-Price SWOT Analysis:
1. Products face competition from higher and lower quality substitutes which means restricted margins
2. High variation in seasonal demand for products forces company to have excess cash on hand, suffer fluctuating revenues, have difficulty
predicting the optimal number of a product to produce
Read more about Fisher-Price
The opportunities for any brand can include prospects of future growth. Following are the opportunities in Fisher-Price SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisition of companies or products that compliment the existing lines or target a new age group
2. Development of new products
3. Room for growth of international sales
4. New advertising opportunities on the internet
5. Investment in web retailing opportunities
6. Development of specialized stores
7. Substantial demand for riding toys
8. Positive attitude towards toys
The threats for any business can be external factors which can negatively impact its business. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Fisher-Price are as mentioned:
1. Number of foreign manufacturers increasing
2. Large discounters change toy industry’s structure
3. Fierce competition with riding toys
4. High dependency on suppliers
5. Easy entry by competing firms
6. Decline in children’s leisure time
7. Threat from private label toys
Hence this concludes the Fisher-Price SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Toys for infants and children
Best possible start
Products and solutions that will enrich family’s lives
Infants & Children toys
Anyone who is important to children; Parents, grandparents, etc
Celebrate the discoveries of early childhood and the link between play and learning
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Fisher-Price. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us