Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of TIME analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In TIME SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like TIME to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. TIME is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the TIME SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top TIME competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
It is considered to be one of the most popular magazines in history
Students, working class, business class
Students, corporates and business men in USA and other parts of the world
A weekly magazine that covers world events and news
SWOT Analysis of TIME
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of TIME:
1. It is the largest circulating weekly magazine in the USA as well as the entire world. 2. The magazine boasts of a readership of 25 million. 3. The “Person of the Year” feature of the magazine has gained huge popularity worldwide. 4. The magazine is the largest magazine in terms of ad revenue in USA. 5. One of the Most reputed and respected magazine brand in the world 6. The brand has a very high recall worldwide and it is prestigious to be associated or to be featured in the magazine
Here are the weaknesses in the TIME SWOT Analysis:
1. The global editions of the magazine face stiff competition from the local magazines in the respective countries. 2. The brand is comparatively not as popular as it is in US in some middle-eastern and Asian countries as it is in USA.
Following are the Opportunities in TIME SWOT Analysis:
1. The magazine covers a variety of issues such as politics, business, technology, health, science, entertainment hence it can appeal to a wide range of potential customers. 2. The magazine has some very popular names associated with its editorial panel which the magazine can use for branding.
3. The magazine enjoys an iconic status which is a big plus for branding purposes.
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of TIME are as mentioned:
1. The magazine operates in a very competitive space with several big brands competing for the same potential customer base. 2. Print media is becoming weaker day by day due to the widespread network of internet all over the world. 3. The distribution networks of the local editions are not as well developed as those of the local magzines.
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TIME. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute