TIME SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of TIME, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like TIME to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors, and make strategic improvements. TIME is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the TIME SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the TIME SWOT Analysis:
In this article:
For TIME, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of TIME looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of TIME :
1. It is the largest circulating weekly magazine in the USA as well as the entire world.
2. The magazine boasts of a readership of 25 million.
3. The “Person of the Year” feature of the magazine has gained huge popularity worldwide.
4. The magazine is the largest magazine in terms of ad revenue in USA.
5. One of the Most reputed and respected magazine brand in the world
6. The brand has a very high recall worldwide and it is prestigious to be associated or to be featured in the magazine
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the TIME SWOT Analysis:
1. The global editions of the magazine face stiff competition from the local magazines in the respective countries.
2. The brand is comparatively not as popular as it is in US in some middle-eastern and Asian countries as it is in USA.
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in TIME SWOT Analysis:
1. The magazine covers a variety of issues such as politics, business, technology, health, science, entertainment hence it can appeal to a wide range of potential customers.
2. The magazine has some very popular names associated with its editorial panel which the magazine can use for branding.
3. The magazine enjoys an iconic status which is a big plus for branding purposes.
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of TIME are as mentioned:
1. The magazine operates in a very competitive space with several big brands competing for the same potential customer base.
2. Print media is becoming weaker day by day due to the widespread network of internet all over the world.
3. The distribution networks of the local editions are not as well developed as those of the local magzines.
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of TIME:
Hence this concludes the TIME SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
Time Inc. (Time Warner)
The Weekly News Magazine
It is considered to be one of the most popular magazines in history
Students, working class, business class
Students, corporates and business men in USA and other parts of the world
A weekly magazine that covers world events and news
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TIME. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us