Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of CBS Corporation analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In CBS Corporation SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like CBS Corporation to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. CBS Corporation is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The article below lists the CBS Corporation SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the CBS Corporation SWOT Analysis:
For CBS Corporation, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
CBS Corporation Strengths
The strengths of CBS Corporation looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of CBS Corporation :
1. Innovation in the field of TV and broadcasting
2. Market share leadership with over 20,000 employees
3. Strong brand equity
4. Unique services offers globally
5. CBS works to provide broadcasting that encompasses a variety of perspectives, viewpoints, and backgrounds in order to please its national viewing audience
6. Its most popular programs, TV shows, sitcoms etc which have a true global audience
7. The CW is the only broadcast network that targets adults from the ages of 18-34
CBS Corporation Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the CBS Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited global presence as compared to a few other global brands
2. Many options available for the customers means high brand switching
CBS Corporation Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in CBS Corporation SWOT Analysis:
1. Acquisitions and innovations
2. Emerging markets and expansion abroad
3. Product and services expansion
4. explore opportunities in new media sectors including streaming of network programming, live shows made just for the Internet, pod casts, and “mob-isodes” of CBS shows
CBS Corporation Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of CBS Corporation are as mentioned:
6. Today, the Internet poses the biggest threat on television broadcasters. Some of the major rivals include Apple, Joost, YouTube, NetFlix, TiVo, and many others, all of whom offer audiences alternatives to broadcast TV
CBS Corporation Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of CBS Corporation:
Segmentationing based on customer’s viewing tastes
Across all segments in tv, radio, internet
High quality service as it is direct to home connection
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to CBS Corporation. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute