Time Warner Cable SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Time Warner Cable, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Time Warner Cable is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector. The article below lists the Time Warner Cable SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Time Warner Cable, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Time Warner Cable looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Time Warner Cable :
1. High Product Offering which is also customised
2. Strong Brand Recognition and visibility
3. VOD and DVR Available to All Customers
4. Good financial Health Compared to Competition
5. No Service Contracts and No Extra HD Equipment Required
6. Equipment Does Not Have to be Purchased
7. Dominant Market Share
8. Time Warner’s AOL Web Content Services Division reached 75 million unique visitors
9. Its presence even reaches into the contemporary cartoon genre such as the Cartoon Network
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Time Warner Cable SWOT Analysis:
1. Limited of Awareness of DVR and VOD Benefits to Customers
2. Inability to Market to Customers Using Mass Media
3. Signal intrusion & accidental transmission of wrong content
Read more about Time Warner Cable
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Time Warner Cable SWOT Analysis:
1. Consumer Awareness of VOD and DVR Benefits
2. Awareness of Bundling and Awareness of Internet Phone Service
3. Availability of HD Channels
4. Increased buying power of Hispanic Market
5. Consumer Confidence through Excellent Customer Service
6. Internet Marketing and VOD Buy-rates
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Time Warner Cable are as mentioned:
1. Satellite Perception by Potential Customers
2. Competitor Pricing and Consolidation and Partnerships of Competition
3. Cell Phone Use / Decreased Need for Landline
4. Entrance of Telecom into Television/Video Content Market
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Time Warner Cable:
1. Cablevision Systems Corporation
2. Comcast Corporation
3. Crown Media Holdings, Inc.
Hence this concludes the Time Warner Cable SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Time Warner Cable Overview|
Time Inc, Warner Communications
Channels and broadcasting
Reliable and consistent cable
|Time Warner Cable STP|
Segmentationing based on geographic locationswith demographic segmenting
Professional Youngsters (Source: Marketing Plan Pro), Upper-Medium Income Household, and Baby Boomers
TWC offers quality service, and reliability
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Time Warner Cable. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us