British Sky Network SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of British Sky Network analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In British Sky Network SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like British Sky Network to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. British Sky Network is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the British Sky Network SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top British Sky Network competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Sky is a valued part of everyday life in over 10 million homes
British Sky Network STP
Media and broadcasting
UK and Ireland customers.
We entertain, excite and inspire customers with a great choice of high-quality television in high definition
SWOT Analysis of British Sky Network
British Sky Network Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of British Sky Network:
1.3d Viewing capabilities.
2. Exclusive sports rights for major sports events
3. High quality content.
4. Early players in the industry gives them an advantage
5. Brand association with sky based networks.
6. Brand recall due to high content and events sponsoring’s.
7. Sky is a valued part of everyday life in over 10 million homes
8. Sky Anytime + , a new internet delivered video-on-demand (VoD) service launches.
9. Sky with WWF and the State Government of Acre, Brazil to launch Sky Rainforest Rescue , which aims to help save 1 billion trees in the Amazon which caused a huge response
10.Sky network’s customer advisers handle around 1 million calls a week.
British Sky Network Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the British Sky Network SWOT Analysis:
1.Political corruption can cause operational difficulties
2. Sports and film based criticism
3. Intense competition means margins are limited
British Sky Network Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in British Sky Network SWOT Analysis:
1. Network upgrades to triple-play services could help future growth. Upgrades require capital expenditures in fiber optic cables, but provide additional services to customers.
2. Mobile digital television (DTV) provides a huge opportunity for broadcasters who want to reach the billions of people who have mobile devices and want their entertainment on the go. Mobile DTV will provide device makers, broadcasters, and telecom companies with new revenue streams
3. Tie-up with international players to maximise reach and penetration
British Sky Network Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of British Sky Network are as mentioned:
1. Fragmented market
2. High competition
3. Unfavorable govt and industry policies can hamper business
British Sky Network Competition
British Sky Network Competitors
Below are the top 2 competitors of British Sky Network:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to British Sky Network. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute