Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of History Channel analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In History Channel SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like History Channel to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. History Channel is one of the leading brands in the media & entertainment sector.
The table below lists the History Channel SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top History Channel competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The channel helps reviving every major historical event
SWOT Analysis of History Channel
History Channel Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of History Channel:
1. Variety of programmes on European history 2. Great video archives 3. Nice recreation of incidents 4. Minute details of particular era are shown in recreation
History Channel Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the History Channel SWOT Analysis:
1. No attention to great Indian Rulers of medieval times (Marathas, Pallava, Bahamani, Rajpootana, Shunga, Maurya etc.) 2. History of eastern world has some element of western bias 3. Pro-Western, Capitalist and Socialist orientation of programme 4. No focus at all on great Indian/Chinese history (majorly ancient)
History Channel Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in History Channel SWOT Analysis:
1. Can make special programmes for India 2. Can introduce Indian hosts and scholars as well 3. Scope for targeting kids 4. Can go in other linguals such as Marathi, Gujrati etc.
History Channel Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of History Channel are as mentioned:
1. Since history derives itself from analogy, views on same topic may be different 2. Huge writings on topic give deep understanding than that from 1hr show 3. Internet opens ocean of knowledge on history
History Channel Competition
History Channel Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of History Channel:
1. Internet 2. Various contradicting documentaries 3. Everchanging pattern of history 4.Discovery Channel
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to History Channel. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute