Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Newcastle United analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Newcastle United SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Newcastle United to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Newcastle United is one of the leading brands in the sports teams and events sector.
The table below lists the Newcastle United SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Newcastle United competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Men in the age group 15 and above locally and globally
Perennial dark horses
SWOT Analysis of Newcastle United
Newcastle United Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Newcastle United:
1. Club with a legacy and stature to attract big names 2. Talented first team squad which has rich experience 3. Recent impressive run which saw them promoting back to English premier league and qualifying for Euro League 4. An owner who is dedicated towards club
5. St.James Park stadium has a capacity of over 50,000
6. The brand has strong global recognition with players like Shearer, Owen etc playing for the club
7. Revenues are a boost by sale of merchandise by the club
Newcastle United Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Newcastle United SWOT Analysis:
1.Inability to win major competitions have hampered brand value
2. Intense competition from big clubs have diluted its brand presence
Newcastle United Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Newcastle United SWOT Analysis:
1. Make the most of the young squad at disposal 2.Being more consistent to win leagues and trophies to boost brand value 3.Smart buys during transfer windows
Newcastle United Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Newcastle United are as mentioned:
1. Inconsistency can lead to relegation 2.Unrest among players can affect performance on pitch 3.Big clubs buying more star players can increase gap further
Newcastle United Competition
Newcastle United Competitors
Below are the top 7 competitors of Newcastle United:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Newcastle United. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute