NBA (National Basketball Association) SWOT Analysis, Competitors & USP
Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: October 02, 2021
SWOT analysis of NBA (National Basketball Association) analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In NBA (National Basketball Association) SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like NBA (National Basketball Association) to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. NBA (National Basketball Association) is one of the leading brands in the sports teams and events sector.
The article below lists the NBA (National Basketball Association) SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top NBA (National Basketball Association) competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
The best basketball on offer with the best players from across the globe playing in the league
SWOT Analysis of NBA (National Basketball Association)
For NBA (National Basketball Association), SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position. Let us start the NBA (National Basketball Association) SWOT Analysis:
NBA (National Basketball Association) Strengths
The strengths of NBA (National Basketball Association) looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of NBA (National Basketball Association) :
1. NBA is the leading basketball association in the world
2. National Basketball Association has its headquarters based out of New York USA
3. The league has a strong legacy since it was founded 1946
4. The league is one of the richest sports leagues in the world
5. NBA players have one of the highest salaries in global sport
6. Presence of all the legends of the game like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and Lebron James boosts the game
7. NBA has a huge fan following in the USA
8. Excellent broadcasting and merchandising ensures that the sport is followed worldwide
NBA (National Basketball Association) Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the NBA (National Basketball Association) SWOT Analysis:
1. Even though the number of global fans have increased, but most of the European and Asian market is yet to be tapped
2. The league had competition from several other sports leagues which can reduce the viewership of National Basketball Association matches
NBA (National Basketball Association) Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in NBA (National Basketball Association) SWOT Analysis:
1. NBA can tap the global fan base by organizing exhibition matches outside USA
2. Bring in more European, Asian & African players in the league to attract global spectators
3. Focus on increasing marketing activities and explore opportunities via academies, sponsorships etc.
NBA (National Basketball Association) Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of NBA (National Basketball Association) are as mentioned:
1. NBA faces threats from sport leagues which promote soccer, ice hockey, baseball and other sports
2. Economic crisis, fluctuating currency value and epidemics can affect its business operations
NBA (National Basketball Association) Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of NBA (National Basketball Association):
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to NBA (National Basketball Association). This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute