Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Reliance Jio analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Reliance Jio SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Reliance Jio to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Reliance Jio is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The article below lists the Reliance Jio SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Reliance Jio SWOT Analysis:
For Reliance Jio, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Reliance Jio Strengths
The strengths of Reliance Jio looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Jio :
1. Strong backing of parent company ie Reliance Industries backed up Mukesh Ambani
2. Excellent advertising and marketing of Jio helped the brand have a strong launch
3. Jio has brand ambassadors like Shahrukh Khan, Amitabh Bachchan which has helped reach out to masses
4. Innovative technology i.e. 4G LTE services along with VoLTE
5. Has a strong pan India presence with its operations in more than 22 cirles
6. Jio apps are a unique feature offering movies, games, shopping, messenger, chat, news etc under one roof
7. LYF smartphones at affordable costs would also boost the brand Reliance Jio
Reliance Jio Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Reliance Jio SWOT Analysis:
1. The ad campaign of Reliance Jio showing the PM was controversial
2. Late entrant in the India market, i.e. it would be challenging to increase market share significantly
Reliance Jio Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Reliance Jio SWOT Analysis:
1. The company can offer telecom, call, data services at competitive prices
2. Reliance Jio can promote exclusive services like apps to attract consumers
3. Focus on customer service and MNP can help the brand overcome competition
Reliance Jio Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Reliance Jio are as mentioned:
1. Once free services are over, people would not want to continue using Jio
2. Existing competitors have a strong presence, and a loyal customer base, which would be difficult to address to.
Reliance Jio Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 11 competitors of Reliance Jio:
Affordable 4G LTE mobile network with innovative technology
Reliance Jio STP
People with smartphones looking for high speed internet and good mobile services
Urban & tier2 middle and upper class segment
Reliance Jio is helping transform Indian into a digital and tech-savvy nation by giving affordable mobile service and data
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Reliance Jio. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute