Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Deutsche Telekom analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Deutsche Telekom SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Deutsche Telekom to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Deutsche Telekom is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The table below lists the Deutsche Telekom SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Deutsche Telekom competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Deutsche Telekom is the largest Telecommunications company in Europe
Deutsche Telekom STP
Fixed network, wireless & broadband & complex IT solutions to the business customers in telecommunications and IT industries worldwide
Individual Users as well as SMEs and MNCs users of telecommunication services
Premier Fixed line, broadband and wireless service provider
SWOT Analysis of Deutsche Telekom
Deutsche Telekom Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Deutsche Telekom:
1. Deutsche Telekom has a large Mobile Communication Customer Base 2. Success of Mobile Internet Services across Europe 3. Geographical Diversification of Deutsche Telekom across 50 countries including Germany, US, Asia amongst others 4. Owners of the brand T-Mobile – high brand awareness 5. Deutsche Telekom has over 200,000 employees serve the customers
6. Financially very strong owing to services in mobile, land telephony, digital TV etc
7. Deutsche Telekom has strong marketing activities through TVCs, print / online ads, sponsorships etc
Deutsche Telekom Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Deutsche Telekom SWOT Analysis:
1. Stiff competition means limited market share growth for Deutsche Telekom
2. Limited global penetration as compared with other leading brands
Deutsche Telekom Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Deutsche Telekom SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing Demand for 4G Technologies across the world 2. Acquisition of smaller brands can strengthen the presence of Deutsche Telekom 3. Growth in Telecommunications Services for consumer as well as enterprises
4. Adoption of newer technologies can boost business for Deutsche Telekom
Deutsche Telekom Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Deutsche Telekom are as mentioned:
1. Global Economic Slowdown can affect business operations 2. Competitive aggression can reduce margins for Deutsche Telekom
3. Govt regulations or strict guidelines can decline the business presence
Deutsche Telekom Competition
Deutsche Telekom Competitors
Below are the top 4 competitors of Deutsche Telekom:
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Deutsche Telekom. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute