Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Telus analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Telus SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Telus to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Telus is one of the leading brands in the telecom service providers sector.
The table below lists the Telus SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Telus competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Second largest telecommunications provider in Canada in
terms of revenue generation
Data, Internet Protocol, voice and wireless services in Central and Eastern Canada
Users of wire-line, wireless & Internet services and Smart grid solutions
Provides a wide range of telecommunications products and services including internet access, voice, entertainment, video, and satellite television
SWOT Analysis of Telus
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Telus:
1. Improved Operational Efficiency across its offerings 2. Strong Customer Base of approx 4 million wire-line network access lines, 7 million wireless subscribers, & over a million Internet subscribers worldwide 3. Robust Strategy for TELUS TV 4. Next Generation Services Portfolio through IDEN & HSPA+ networks
5. Market Leadership –one of the top providers in Canada
Here are the weaknesses in the Telus SWOT Analysis:
1. Declined Performance of Wire-line Segment 2. Operations are heavily dependent on Canada only
2. Limited presence across the world
Following are the Opportunities in Telus SWOT Analysis:
1. Growing Smart-phones and TELUS TV Markets 2. Strategy for Data, IP and Wireless Markets 3. Expected growth of the Canadian & global Telecom Industry
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Telus are as mentioned:
1. Wireless Number Portability Execution causing loss of customers 2. Regulatory Changes from the government 3. Competitive Pressures from the market leader
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Telus. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute