Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Thomas Cook analyses the brand/company with its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Thomas Cook SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Thomas Cook to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors and industry. Thomas Cook is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Thomas Cook competitors and includes Thomas Cook target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
People from 18years to late sixties looking to travel places
Thomas Cook Positioning
All inclusive holidays
Thomas Cook SWOT Analysis
Thomas Cook Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Thomas Cook:
1. One of the largest travel company in Europe and UK 2. Provides affordable and accessible holidays to people 3. Global presence with services like Package holidays, flights, hotels, resorts etc 4. Increased Brand presence worldwide due to association with last Olympics
5. Close to 20,000+ employees with the company
6. Strong brand presence due to TVCs, online and print ads, and OOH hoardings
7. Sponsorship of many events and sports teams has increased the brand presence
Thomas Cook Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Thomas Cook SWOT Analysis:
1. Allegedly refused to pay statutory EU compensation to customers 2.Intense competition means limited brand presence
Thomas Cook Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Thomas Cook SWOT Analysis:
1. To become the largest travel company in Europe and UK 2.To boost their share prices by expanding business 3.To digitalize there operations for better penetration
Thomas Cook Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Thomas Cook are as mentioned:
1. Uncertainty in the airline sector 2.Price wars can reduce market share 3.Increase in liabilities due to unpaid compensations
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Thomas Cook. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2800 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute