TUI Travel SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of TUI Travel, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
TUI Travel is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector. The article below lists the TUI Travel SWOT and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For TUI Travel, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of TUI Travel looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of TUI Travel :
1. TUI group has a fleet of aircrafts and charter planes flying to more than 150 destinations worldwide
2. Profit has grown at a significant rate
3. Majority of holidays sold directly to individuals
4. UK and France are the biggest and fastest growing markets for TUI
5. Unique and customizable holidays available at TUI
6. Strong leadership position in long haul travel
7. Over 50,000 employees are with the company
8. Close to 30 million customers worldwide shows its dominance in the industry
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the TUI Travel SWOT Analysis:
1. Intense competition from other companies means limited brand loyalty
2. Being a global tourism brand has to face cultural & social issues in managing offices
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in TUI Travel SWOT Analysis:
1. Apps for reservations and booking holidays
2. Start operations in emerging markets to tap the potential
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of TUI Travel are as mentioned:
1. Pricing environment challenging due to competitive market
2. Risks involved are Foreign exchange risks, Interest risks, political and economic policies of countries etc.
Similar to TUI Travel
3.The Ultimate travel Company
5. Thomas Cook
Hence this concludes the TUI Travel SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|TUI Travel Overview|
TUI Travel Plc.
More than a smile
Largest tourism group in Europe
|TUI Travel STP|
Middle class and above
Age group of 20 and above
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to TUI Travel. This section covers SWOT Analysis along with Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us