Ashok Group SWOT analysis evaluates the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In SWOT Analysis of Ashok Group, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
Ashok Group is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector. The article below lists the Ashok Group SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP.
In this article:
For Ashok Group, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of Ashok Group looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value.
A list of strengths is mostly the starting point in starting SWOT analysis. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Ashok Group :
1. Government aided with a good workforce
2. Years of expertise in the hospitality sector
3. Brand equity and strong brand presence in India
4. Around 16 hotels across India. They are increasing their hold in India through the Ashok Alliance Hotels scheme
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Ashok Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Changing consumer behavior and requirements
2. Insufficient marketing and digitalization as compared to global players
3. No global presence as compared to other leading hotel chains
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Ashok Group SWOT Analysis:
1. Increasing desire to visit hotels with an air of authenticity
2. Hotel management is now a popular career choice, using their expertise to train the youth, hence, increasing manpower to be recruited
3. Increased influx of foreigners visiting the country looking to experience “Incredible India”
4. There is a shortage of rooms in the Indian Hotel Industry
5. Increase in business travel within the country
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Ashok Group are as mentioned:
1. Global leaders are increasing their penetration in the country
2. Competitors are offering more innovative services
3.Increasing terrorist attacks
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 3 competitors of Ashok Group:
Hence this concludes the Ashok Group SWOT analysis.
Continue reading more about the brand/company.
|Ashok Group Overview|
India Tourism Development Corporation Limited (ITDC)
Hotels and Resorts
India’s host to the world
Represents Indian traditional grandeur
|Ashok Group STP|
Mid-Market and Upscale Segment
Business and leisure travelers, foreigners
Real representation of Indian hospitality
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Ashok Group. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2000 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way.
Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute
What is MBA Skool?About Us
MBA Skool is a Knowledge Resource for Management Students, Aspirants & Professionals.
Quizzes & Skills
Quizzes test your expertise in business and Skill tests evaluate your management traits
All Business Sections
Write for Us