Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Best Western analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Best Western SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Best Western to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Best Western is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Best Western SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Best Western competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Best Western is a voluntary and democratic association of private hoteliers for the purpose of increasing profits through joint marketing & sales and cross selling.
Best Western STP
Mid-market and upscale segment
Leisure travelers, business travelers from the mid-market and upscale segment
A family of hotels that ensures high quality service across all member hotels, looking at a long term commitment with guests, members and employees.
SWOT Analysis of Best Western
Best Western Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Best Western:
1. Associated with hotels in over 80 countries, over 4100 hotels 2. One of the World’s Largest Hotel Chain 3. Hotels have their own identity and flair along with International level services that they have to incorporate in their offerings as a Best Western member
4. Hotels are located in good areas across the world
5. Best Western Travel Card has successfully increased sales and repeat visits
Best Western Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Best Western SWOT Analysis:
1. Since Best Western does not interfere with management of member hotels, quality control gets difficult and limited accountability 2. Competition from international hotel chains means limited market share growth
Best Western Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Best Western SWOT Analysis:
1. Digitalization and more online presence 2. The economic conditions will improve occupancy rates in the mid-market segments 3. More penetration in emerging economies
Best Western Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Best Western are as mentioned:
1. Big chains are entering new markets 2. Changing market conditions, down economy
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Best Western. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute