Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: April 12, 2020
SWOT analysis of Carlson Hotels analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Carlson Hotels SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Carlson Hotels to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Carlson Hotels is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The table below lists the Carlson Hotels SWOT (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats), top Carlson Hotels competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & Unique Selling Proposition (USP).
Business travelers, leisure travelers, honeymooners
Consistent, high quality and innovative service for customers belonging to variety of segments
SWOT Analysis of Carlson Hotels
Carlson Hotels Strengths
Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Carlson Hotels:
1. Innovations in service (eg. First hotel with complimentary internet connection) 2. Owns above 1300 hotels in more than 150 countries across the globe 3. Their Ambition 2015 strategy (To be No 1) has led to rapid growth 4. Partnership with travel agents and optimization of revenue is helping them increase their profit margin
5. High customer satisfaction
Carlson Hotels Weaknesses
Here are the weaknesses in the Carlson Hotels SWOT Analysis:
1. Downturn of market puts more pressure on them to meet even their cost with around 100 hotels in the pipeline
2. Limited market share due to tough competition from international and domestic players
Carlson Hotels Opportunities
Following are the Opportunities in Carlson Hotels SWOT Analysis:
1. The current market will lead to growth of mid-market segment 2. Alliance with Rezidor hotels has added more hotels and more value to Carlson’s portfolio 3. BRICS countries are said to be the emerging markets in the hospitality sector
Carlson Hotels Threats
The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Carlson Hotels are as mentioned:
1. Other International chains are entering new markets like India, Brazil as well 2. There is political turbulence, globally, which may hamper the hospitality sector
Carlson Hotels Competition
Carlson Hotels Competitors
Below are the top 6 competitors of Carlson Hotels:
1.Marriott International 2.Best Western Hotels 3.Hyatt Hotels
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Similar analysis has also been done for the competitors of the company belonging to the same category, sector or industry. Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Carlson Hotels. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute