Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: August 21, 2021
SWOT analysis of Universal Studios analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In Universal Studios SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like Universal Studios to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. Universal Studios is one of the leading brands in the tourism and hospitality sector.
The article below lists the Universal Studios SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the Universal Studios SWOT Analysis:
For Universal Studios, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
Universal Studios Strengths
The strengths of Universal Studios looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of Universal Studios :
1. Universal Studios are one of the most visited theme parks globally with nearly 50 millions visitors annually
2. The theme in USA is spread over a large area with six different theme areas, one of which is Hollywood
3. Universal Studios features some very popular characters like Popeye, Simpsons, Jurassic Park, Back to the Future, ScoobyDoo etc. who have great merchandising capacity.
4. Universal parks & resorts have there presence in countries like USA, Japan, Singapore
5. More than 20,000 people are employed with the company worldwide
6. Universal Studios have a very high brand recall owing to the high experience they offer to the customers
7. The theme park addresses to all age groups with its rides, roller-coasters, food mall, parades etc.
Universal Studios Weaknesses
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the Universal Studios SWOT Analysis:
1. To maintain its brand equity, the park has to spend heavily which means limited margins
2. The theme park business is vulnerable to economic recessions, pandemic etc.
Universal Studios Opportunities
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in Universal Studios SWOT Analysis:
1. With the newer rides & characters, the parks can hope to attract many visitors
2. Universal Studios can look to expand at other popular international destinations
3. With various promotional offers like annual passes, discounts on hotel stay and multiple visit passes, the park can try to increase & retain its customer base.
Universal Studios Threats
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of Universal Studios are as mentioned:
1. The park operates in a very competitive environment, where lack of innovation can prove to be a disaster
2. Economic recessions, pandemics can lead to lower tourism, thereby impacting the business severely
Universal Studios Competitors
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 4 competitors of Universal Studios:
See the Stars, Ride the Movies; Jump Into the Action
A unique theme park based on the entertainment industry, particularly, movies and television
Universal Studios STP
People belonging to all age groups
Youngsters and tourist families from all over the world
The park has amazing offerings for all the fans of the movies and television
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to Universal Studios. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute