Published by MBA Skool Team, Last Updated: January 28, 2022
SWOT analysis of DHL analyses the brand by its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities & threats. In DHL SWOT Analysis, the strengths and weaknesses are the internal factors whereas opportunities and threats are the external factors.
SWOT Analysis is a proven management framework which enables a brand like DHL to benchmark its business & performance as compared to the competitors. DHL is one of the leading brands in the transport and logistics sector.
The article below lists the DHL SWOT, competitors and includes its target market, segmentation, positioning & USP. Let us start the DHL SWOT Analysis:
For DHL, SWOT analysis can help the brand focus on building upon its strengths and opportunities while addressing its weaknesses as well as threats to improve its market position.
The strengths of DHL looks at the key aspects of its business which gives it competitive advantage in the market. Some important factors in a brand's strengths include its financial position, experienced workforce, product uniqueness & intangible assets like brand value. Below are the Strengths in the SWOT Analysis of DHL :
1. DHL is one the world's leading courier and air cargo player
2. DHL has a distribution network in more than 220 countries and territories with more than 300,000 employees worldwide
3. The company has been recognized and awarded for its global services and delivery solutions regularly
4. The company has a core focus on central procurement & e-procurement
5. DHL provides the most inclusive worldwide freight service in the industry
6. The annual revenue of the company is around $20 billion
7. DHL is known to deliver more than 1.5 billion packages every year across the world
8. As a part of its environmental initiative, the company has started using hybrid vehicles as well as electric vehicles
9. The brand provides real-time efficient online tracking of all goods as a part of its customer experience
The weaknesses of a brand are certain aspects of its business which are it can improve to increase its position further. Certain weaknesses can be defined as attributes which the company is lacking or in which the competitors are better. Here are the weaknesses in the DHL SWOT Analysis:
1. With the growth of internet, there has been a consistent decline in sending documentation via couriers
2. Since this is a competitive segment, the market share growth is limited
The opportunities for any brand can include areas of improvement to increase its business. A brand's opportunities can lie in geographic expansion, product improvements, better communication etc. Following are the opportunities in DHL SWOT Analysis:
1. Tie-ups with corporate and business houses can help DHL maintain its competitive edge
2. Global expansion in untapped regions can help the brand grow
3. The company can invest in the growing ecommerce segment and focus on deliveries
4. DHL can build on a deeper & stronger network at local locations to compete with smaller players
The threats for any business can be factors which can negatively impact its business. Some factors like increased competitor activity, changing government policies, alternate products or services etc. can be threats. The threats in the SWOT Analysis of DHL are as mentioned:
1. Tremendous increase in e-commerce players having their own supply chain network can impact the business locally
2. Natural disasters and turbulent economies can be an issue for DHL
3. Decline of traditional services like letters & physical documents due to electronic communication can impact business
There are several brands in the market which are competing for the same set of customers. Below are the top 9 competitors of DHL:
Excellence. Simply Delivered; We move the world; No One Knows Asia Pacific Like We Do
World market leader in sea and air mail
Global, regional & local customers who need express logistics
Price conscious customers who require a consistent level of service; Customers driven primarily by reliable delivery
Proactive Solutions; Personal Commitment
This article has been researched & authored by the Content & Research Team. It has been reviewed & published by the MBA Skool Team. The content on MBA Skool has been created for educational & academic purpose only.
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to DHL. This section covers SWOT Analysis, Competitors, Segmentation, Target Market, Positioning & USP of more than 2500 brands from over 20 industry sectors.
The brand names and other brand information used in the SWOT Analysis section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBA Skool in any way. Edit the brand or add a new one to SWOT Analysis section : Contribute