1. HUL is a part of the Unilever group, hence strong brand equity 2. It has over 18000 employees 3. Hindustan Unilever has a reach of 6.4 million retail outlets which includes direct reach to over 1.5 million retail outlets 4. Two R&D centres in India in Mumbai and Bangalore 5. Products with presence in over 20 consumer categories with over 700 million Indian consumers using its products 6. As a part of CSR, HUL has initiatives like project Shakti, plastic recycling, women empowerment etc
7. Strong legacy of the HUL brand since its inception in 1934
1. Market share is limited due to presence of other strong FMCG brands 2. Hindustan Unilever faced controversies like skin lightening creams, pollution etc
1. HUL can tap rural markets and increase penetration in urban areas 2.Mergers and acquisitions to strengthen the brand 3.Increasing purchasing power of people thereby increasing demand
1. Intense and increasing competition amongst other FMCG companies can affect business of HUL 2. FDI in retail thereby allowing international brands 3. Competition from unbranded and local products can hurt Hindustan Unilever's market
Browse marketing analysis of more brands and companies similar to HUL (Hindustan Unilever Limited). The BrandGuide section covers SWOT Analysis, USP, STP & Competition of more than 6000 brands from over 20 categories.
The brand names and other brand information used in the BrandGuide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.