Posted in Lifestyle and Retail, Total Reads: 21367
SWOT Analysis of Burberry with USP, Competition, STP (Segmentation, Targeting, Positioning) - Marketing Analysis
Apparel and Accessories
Lifestyle & Retail
Burberry is a brand with a distinctive British sensibility, strong international recognition and differentiating brand values that resonate across a multi-generational and dual-gender audience
Elite fashion for males and females in the premium segment who appreciate the smart and timeless classic style.
Middle aged men and women from upper class
Brand showcasing quality, style and elegance where beautiful craftsmanship is contrasted with form and function
Burberry SWOT Analysis
1. Burberry has a huge network of retail, wholesale and licensing channels globally 2. Burberry is one of the biggest fashion houses in UK offering clothes, perfumes, beauty products etc
3. Granted Royal Warrants by Queen Elizabeth II and the Prince of Wales.
4. One of the most valuable companies in the world owing to its legacy 5. Good advertising and brand presence in Europe specially England makes Burberry a prominent brand 6. Associations with international celebrities to reach out to the customers
7. Close to 10,000 people are employed with Burberry company
8. The brand has its presence in more than 50 countries & 500+ stores
1. Due to Burberry’s positioning it is very much accessible in the high-street, and has a low couture presence. 2. The brand has to constantly fight with cheap imitations
1. After collaboration with other brands, Burberry can try to make fashion more affordable.
2. More advertising and marketing would increase visibility
3. Global expansion would help the brand grow worldwide
4. Effective use of ecommerce can make Burberry reach out to more customers
1.The brand faces threat from other competitive everyday brands in terms of pricing as well as availability
2. The customers have a higher bargaining power and low switching costs
3. Intense competition in the segment can reduce Burberry's market share
The brandnames and other brand information used in the brandguide section are properties of their respective companies. The companies are not associated with MBASkool in any way. The brand names are used purely for educational/academic purpose only. Utmost Care has been taken in the analysis of the brands. However, if you find any ambiguity kindly help us improve.